Position Title: Field Survey Crew Chief
Group: Surveying Services
- Supervisor: Manager, Surveying Field Services
- Supervises: Field Survey Crew as assigned
Primary Purpose: Performs all necessary field operations in order to accumulate data of existing conditions, as well as layout of architectural/engineering and related designs. Oversees work schedules of instrument men, rod men and co-ops.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Perform all necessary work to complete all types of boundary, topographic, ALTA and construction survey projects.
- Assume responsibility for technical quality of field surveying operation for the crew they are assigned.
- Implements work procedures to insure accurate results.
- Oversees the day-to-day activities of the instrument operator and rod man for his crew.
- Works with project engineer to resolve discrepancies between field conditions and design drawings.
- Responsible for safe operation of field crew surveying equipment, transportation and associated field equipment.
- Performs necessary field measurements of existing property monumentation, fence lines and structures to assist in determining the correct position of boundary lines.
- Responsible for completion of projects within the budgeted time and manpower resources.
- Responsible for checking accuracy of reduced field notes.
- Responsible for transfer of electronic field data to office computer software.
- Responsible for recording accurate, detailed and complete field notes.
- Other miscellaneous duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Five to ten (5-10) years experience as Crew Chief in boundary survey work. Topographic, ALTA, GPS and construction surveying experience also required. Professional registration as a land surveyor is desired but not necessary.
Please submit your resume to Kayla Walker, [email protected].