Civil Project Manager / Land Development Engineering
CIVIL PROJECT MANAGER / LAND DEVELOPMENT ENGINEERING
MSP Design is pursuing a Civil Engineering Project Manager with experience in civil engineering land development, infrastructure design, and construction document preparation for roads, parking areas, storm drainage systems, storm water management facilities, utilities-water mains, sanitary sewers, sediment and erosion control and outline specifications.
This position includes the advancement of land development civil engineering design concepts, which are incorporated in the final product by Staff Technicians. Candidates shall have adequate written and verbal communication skills and be able to work closely with other team members, local review agencies and interact with clients.
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall supervision of assigned projects, to assure the project conforms to the contractual agreement the firm has made with the client, that the project is completed within the allocated period of time and within the assigned budget.
The Project Engineer/Manager may assume the role of both Project Engineer and Project Manager for selected projects.
- Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests and aerial photographs regarding soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design project.
- Provides and develops schematic design information.
- Incorporates design concepts from schematic design development and work with project team to produce construction documents.
- Coordinates work with other design professionals.
- Coordinates staff activities to assure achievement of project budget, schedule and quality goals.
- Produces drawings and sketches to be incorporated in drawings by drafters.
- Directs technicians to convert designs to working drawings.
- Performs and prepares calculations using engineering formulas and skills for the design of storm sewers, storm detention systems, construction site storm water best management practices, and sanitary sewer systems.
- Utilizes computer programs and spreadsheets for engineering analysis and presentations.
- Selects details, general notes and outline specifications to be used for the project.
- Acts as liaison with reviewing agencies.
- Interaction with client during the project and after completion.
- Available to respond to questions and to provide daily guidance to the project team.
- Recognizes problems quickly, seek advice from group leaders and develop solutions.
- Provides value engineering.
- Responsible for the accuracy and quality of plans.
- Develops technical competence for junior team members.
- Attends construction meetings and produces site observation reports.
- Undertakes, where appropriate, and assists in business development.
- Participates in selected organizations that are in the best interest of the company.
- Participates in preparation of contractual agreements and understands the requirement of the contract with client.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering, professional engineering registration with the State of Ohio and a minimum of 7 years of experience in land development engineering.
Possess a strong desire to continue learning, advance professionally, and demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced, design team environment.
Understanding of local, state and federal codes and regulations.
Ability to utilize computer systems as a tool to effectively design and manage projects.
Capable of managing multiple projects and multiple project teams.
Must have developed skills in communication, leadership, planning teamwork, decision making, judgement and project solving.
About MSP Design:
MSP’s commitment to quality has been the cornerstone of our past and is the foundation for our future. We are a multi-disciplinary design firm composed of experienced architects, engineers, landscape architects, planners, and surveyors serving the Greater Cincinnati and regional area. This holistic approach of collaboration between design disciplines and our commitment to communication has served our clients well since 1856 and has given us an impressive level of success.
MSP Design offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- 401(k) Plan
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
Please submit resumes to RArnold@mspdesign.com