The Job Captain is responsible for producing construction documents for assigned projects, meeting deadlines, and maintaining quality control throughout the project life-cycle, with emphasis on accuracy, completeness, constructability, and maintaining design intent. Job Captains may be assigned Project Management responsibilities based on experience and the complexity of the project.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in architecture from an accredited college.
- 5+ years of professional experience in Architecture.
- Seeking or qualified to obtain Professional Licensure in Architecture.
- Strong proficiency in Revit required.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Able to multi-task and work well in a team environment.
- Successful at holding herself/himself accountable for deadlines.
- Self-motivated and energetic.
- Work well with and demonstrate respect for colleagues at all levels.
- Consistently contribute to a positive work environment.
- Punctual and reliable with a consistent attendance record.
- Demonstrate exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in specification writing.
- Day-to-day construction document development (drawings and specifications) for assigned projects.
- Monitor and maintain quality control of work produced by themselves and assigned support staff.
- Assist the PM in maintaining overall project coordination, including:
- Review of work submitted by consultants and other project team members
- Program compliance
- Code and agency compliance
- Schedule commitments
- Conduct and compile product research.
- Provide input on the design and construction schedule.
- Maintain open and clear communication with clients and consultants.
- Provide support for tasks as assigned by the PM and required for the successful completion of the project.
- Assist in the training of junior staff to facilitate their development to the next level of responsibility by ensuring assigned staff fully understand project objectives, providing effective feedback (positive and critical), and promoting growth opportunities.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Operations Manager.
Please submit your resume to Jack Willard, firstname.lastname@example.org.