McGill Smith Punshon is a multi-disciplinary design and engineering firm located in Sharonville, OH. offering a wide range of professional services including architectural design, interior design, landscape architecture, civil engineering, surveying, and planning. MSP was established in 1856 (over 165 years ago), with clients located across the Mid-west, including some of the largest businesses and education providers in the tri-state area. MSP offers competitive salaries, Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, PTO, and 401k. We are seeking to add team members who are life-long learners looking for a challenge with a genuine willingness to contribute in a team-oriented environment.
The Job Captain, working under the direction of a Project Manager or Project Architect, is primarily responsible for the production of construction drawings, with emphasis on accuracy, completeness, and constructability.
- Bachelors’ Degree or higher in Architecture from an Accredited College or University.
- Minimum five years of professional experience in Architecture post graduation.
- Highest consideration will be given to those seeking or qualified to obtain Professional Licensure in Architecture.
- Ability to effectively use of Revit in the production of construction drawing is a must.
- Ability to use AutoCAD and Sketchup is plus.
- Ongoing development and production of construction documents (drawings and specifications) for assigned projects.
- Monitor and maintain quality control of work produced by themselves and assigned support staff.
- Assist the PM in maintaining overall project coordination, including:
o Review of work submitted by consultants and other project team members.
o Program conformity.
o Code compliance.
o Schedule commitments.
- Conduct and compile product research.
- Assist in maintaining open and clear communication with clients and consultants.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized. .
- Able to multi-task and work well in a team environment.
- Successful at holding herself/himself accountable for deadlines.
- Self-motivated and energetic.
- Demonstrate respect for colleagues at all levels.
- Consistently contribute to a positive work environment.
- Punctual and reliable with a consistent attendance record.
- Demonstrate exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Please submit your resume to Jack Willard, [email protected].