MSP Design is currently seeking for a Civil Engineering Co-op to join our team. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic to work with project engineers, project managers and other technical staff in the preparation of plans for our clients.
We are a multi-disciplinary design firm composed of experienced architects, engineers, landscape architects, planners, and surveyors serving the Greater Cincinnati and regional area. This holistic approach of collaboration between design disciplines and our commitment to communication has served our clients well since 1856 and has given us an impressive level of success.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing civil engineering drafting, using AutoCAD / Civil 3D as needed
- Computer input of layout, utility, grading plans, profiles, general notes and details
- Collaborate and coordinate with other team members to accomplish required tasks
- Assisting civil engineers in the development of various calculations
- Calculating construction quantities from plans
- Adapt to the conditions due to frequent changes, and/or unexpected circumstances
- Clear sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet deadlines
Specific Job Requirements
- Currently pursuing an Associate or Bachelor degree in relevant major (civil engineering
technology, construction management, etc.)
- Excellent math skills
- Proven experience with 3-D design software
- Experience with producing accurate and complete construction plans and reports
- Computer skills: Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams
- Must have high attention to detail and very well organized
- Complete multiple assignments successfully through effective multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a team or independently as needed
- Ability to perform efficiently, meet deadlines while maintaining quality
- Ability to receive and apply constructive feedback
Candidate must pass a background check and a drug screen prior to employment.
Relocation and housing are not included for this co-op position.
Please submit your resume to Kayla Walker, [email protected].